Mini-Cricket it is a basic form of cricket that consists of fast, scaled down games with eight children per team and lasts for approximately an hour.
Aims and objectives for Mini-Cricket
The major aim of Mini-Cricket is to provide a game of cricket in its simplest form for young children and at the same time to provide enjoyment and to popularise the game of cricket. Other important aims are to:
- Lay the foundation for a lifelong interest in cricket;
- Prevent better players from dominating;
- Give all children, irrespective of ability, an equal opportunity;
- Provide physical exercise in an enjoyable form;
- Develop self-confidence; and
- Develop ball skills, which could be useful in other sports.
- Boys, 4 – 10
- Girls, 4 – 13
- Pre-Scholars, age 4-5
- Differently-abled children