A vacancy has arisen within the Amateur Department of the Gauteng Cricket Board.
POSITION: WOMEN & GIRLS CRICKET ADMINISTRATOR
Anyone interested in applying for the position may do so in writing by no later than Friday, 29 August 2014 (closing date) to email email@example.com.
The more important criteria for the appointment is set out below and although not exhaustive, would serve as a guideline in assessing a prospective candidate.
1. The Women’s Cricket Administrator will report directly to the Amateur Cricket Manager.
2. Manage, communicate and arrange coaching programmes to ensure maximum attendance and availability of Women’s and Girl’s players – to ensure the achievement of the GCB’S objectives with cricket development in Women’s Cricket within the GCB areas of responsibility;
3. Liaise with schools and clubs to grow the game of Women’s and Girls’ Cricket with the GCB;
4. Manage and control all expenditures according to approved budgets. Ensure that the required Purchase Orders are obtained and approved prior to committing to any expenditure and/or engaging the GCB to any outside party;
5. Purchase and control the issue of equipment related to Women’s and Girls’ Cricket;
6. Manage, communicate and arrange coaching programmes according to GCB standards;
7. Develop and manage a programme to monitor the development of Women’s and Girls’ Cricket at club and school level.
8. Become involved in the running and selection process for Women’s and Girls’ Cricket;
9. To become involved in talent spotting;
10. To ensure that all teams are thoroughly prepared for the cricket tournaments;
11. Implement the Gauteng Women’s Cricket Strategic Plan;
12. Be prepared to travel with the Women’s and Girls’ teams;
13. Arrange all accommodation and transport for Women’s and Girls’ Cricket teams;
14. Arrange all fixtures and venues for Women and Girls’ matches;
15. 15. Attend all Cricket South Africa Women’s Committee meetings and workshops;
16. Liaise with the National Women’s coach and Talent Scouts/Selectors on a regular basis;
17. Ensure the development and up skilling of Women’s Cricket coaches, Umpires and Scorers;
18. Assist the GCB marketing department in the marketing of Women’s and Girls’ cricket;
19. Represent the GCB on the Gauteng Women’s and Girls’ Executive Committee;
20. To ensure that the cream or crop players get every opportunity to reach their full potential.
PERSONAL / INTERPRESONAL SKILLS
1. Good decision making ability.
2. Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to be a team player.
3. Sound people management experience and conflict handling ability.
4. An optimistic and positive approach to work.
5. Good initiative and be articulate in verbal and written form.
6. A logic and rational approach to problem solving.
7. The ability to work under pressure and handling of stress.
8. Be able and willing to work long and non-standard working hours at times, including weekends.
9. Analytical thinker and operator.
10. Sound communication skills.
12. Good discipline.
13. Punctuality is very important.
14. Confidentiality and reliability.
16. Focus on prioritising.
17. Organisational skills essential.
18. Planning and control.
-Senior certificate/relevant diploma
-Level 2 Coaching Certificate minimum, 3 years Coaching Experience
-Computer literate including MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
Skills / Abilities
-Able to organize and operate within team activities.
-Good problem solving skills.
-Good communications skills.
Remuneration commensurate with qualifications and experience for this position will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Suitably qualified applicants should e-mail their CV and two (2) contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 29 August 2014.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Gauteng Cricket Board reserves the right to fill this position at its own discretion.