* Internal advert
A vacancy has arisen within the Financial Department of the Gauteng Cricket Board.
POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR
Gauteng Cricket Board (NPC) is the governing body for the sport of cricket in the greater Johannesburg, Sedibeng and West Rand regions of Gauteng and administers all aspects of cricket.
An opportunity for a Human Resources Administrator has become available. The successful candidate will be responsible for HR functions, including payroll. This would include the development and implementation of effective and relevant Human Resource strategies, policies and procedures for Gauteng Cricket.
The role will report directly to the Financial Manager and is integral to the functioning of the Remuneration Committee.
Main job duties/responsibilities:
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- To support management in the development and/or implementation of relevant strategies, policies and procedures that would enable sound people management practices at GCB. This would include:
- Supporting managers with the Recruitment, Selection, Appointment, Induction and Exit of full-time staff as well as contract employees;
- Implement remuneration policies and manage the HR administrative and IT systems, including the company’s Performance Management system;
- Developing Organisational Development plans, Learning and Development frameworks and any specific talent management programmes;
- Managing the company’s Employee Wellness programme in conjunction with the appointed service provider;
- Manage the HR budget in line with Finance Department policies and guidelines;
- Ensuring compliance with any Labour laws and regulations and, in particular, Identify and eliminate risks that may expose GCB to loss, injury, claims or legal liability;
- Prepare high quality meeting packs for the Remuneration Committee;
- Co-ordination of Disciplinary procedures;
- Payroll co-ordination and processing.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (or Diploma) in Human Resources Management or Industrial Psychology major or equivalent;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an HR Generalist, with strong emphasis on Organisational Development;
- Strong HR administration skills, including managing an HR Information System;
- Good report writing skills;
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Office suite;
- Experience in payroll co-ordination and processing.
Good attitude and excellent interpersonal skills; high levels of resilience and self-motivation; conflict management and resolution skills; results focused; sound analysis and judgment; good management skills; excellent communication and facilitation skills (verbal and written), including ability to communicate with people at all levels; the ability to plan, organise and work effectively on own and as part of a team.
An understanding of the game of cricket would be beneficial.
Qualifying candidates can apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a comprehensive CV, copy of SA ID, copies of qualifications and at least two contactable references. All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Short-listed candidates will undergo interviews and possible additional assessments.
The closing date for all applications is 30 November 2014. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closure of the advert (i.e. by 15 December 2014), please consider your application as unsuccessful.
* club cricket
The Gauteng Cricket Board heads up all Senior Clubs in the province. In total the GCB can boasts that 106 teams actively participate in the Sunday Leagues and 100 teams actively participate in the Saturday Senior Structure and that 50 Fixtures take place on a Saturday. A Club Dinner is held annually to pay tribute to all those who excel at this level. Read more
* PROVINCIAL cricket
The Gauteng Cricket Academy was started in June 2011. The focus of the academy is to empower the young cricketers and develop them into professional cricketers, and to produce cricketers for the Gauteng Strikers and bizhub Highveld Lions. It is an opportunity for up and coming cricketers to work on theirs techniques, fitness and life skills. Read more
* COACHES CORNER
The objective of this course is to introduce aspirant coaches to the hard-ball version of the game and prepare potential Level I candidates. Topics include the most basic laws and terminology of cricket, pitch measurements and technical dimensions, basic playing skills, etc. The only requirement is that a candidate must be at least 16 years of age to attend this course. Read more